Written by Michael Schilling Sunday, 12 December 2010 19:07
Developing custom applications integrated in the customers Creo Parametric and Windchill environment.
- Customized BOM handling: Generation of BOM reports based on assembly structure. BOM info editable right from the report which is displayed in the EngineeringPlatform and which can be exported to any format (e.g. Excel, XML, PDF etc.). The information for these custom BOM reports stands in direct consequence of consistent management of meta data using the EngineeringPlatform.
- DrawingTools - Collection of multiple functions to make it easier to create detailed drawings. This includes e.g. automatic definition and placement of views of selected components and much more.
- PublishingTools - Configure and publish models and/or drawings according to certain rules. Results are handled in various ways (eMail, save to disk, etc.).
- ModelUpdate - Update the meta data and attribute values of a given set of models in PDMLink based on a Excel list.
- PDMLink Import using LoadFiles. Customer case where it was required to import several thousand AutoCad DWG drawings into PDMLink where they shall be defined as documents of the type EPM Document. nexiles provided a customized class for importing DWG files into PDMLink using correct settings and definition of meta data settings to make imported objects conform to the companies standards.
All customizations are provided as part of the nexiles EngineeringPlatform to maintain consistent meta data in the designs managed in Windchill PDMLink as well as they provide access to content based on the defined meta information.